Skip to main content

OK, I stumbled across #TheStrat a long, long time ago, but I don’t really do longer-term trades (I’m a scalper), so I never really pursued it. Recently another trader brought it to my attention again. So, I thought I’d code it up, given nothing seemed to exist on the NT platform. Hardly tested at all as of yet. Early release pre-holiday in case anyone wants to have a play with it.

Features of #TheStrat indicator
Labels the bars according to #TheStrat definitions (as I interpreted them!). Also adds entry and profit target markers.

Here’s an example daily NQ chart with the markup (click for full-size image)

TheStrat markup on NQ daily

And the newer version with labelling off

Download

As usual, let me know below if any issues and I will try to resolve them, time permitting.

Updates

2021.05.02 – Added new labelling options. Can now optionally remove labels, or use the short form only. Made signal (entry) lines thicker. Fixed trade sound alerts and made sound file user selectable. Also added optional NT stardard Alerts, so you can channel trade signals to an alerts tab/window. To upgrade, simply re-download and install as usual.

Licensing

This tool is completely free (except for your gratitude – I like that as a form of payment, cheers, and thanks for your support!).

FAQ

?

Support

None, though let me know of any issues and I will probably fix them.

Contact us

Email me via the web site if you want to get in touch.

11 Comments

• Raghu says:

The download doesnt seem to work.

• Raghu says:

Hi Smith, When I click the download button, I get a blank screen. I tried to download other free indicators to check if the download works, it does work correctly. I guess something is a issue with the download in chrome. I tried it in Bing/Internet explorer, it worked. Thanks for the response

• Raghu says:

Hi Smith,

I am not seeing (after ensuring chart background is right color), ‘3’ and ‘1’ text for candles, I only see ‘2’ candles marked correctly. Is there something I am missing ?

• Raghu says:

Sorry, I played around with background colors, I see them in very faint print, is there anyway we can control the color for the 1,2, and 3 in indicator parameter ?

• pjsmith says:

This is certainly something I would normally have done. Left them as options. This was, however, a fairly quick job and I was keeping it simple 🙂
      Leave it with me and I will make the colours configurable in the settings next week, the push out a new version.

• Raghu says:

Thanks a lot. This is a amazing chart tool.

• Michael Kenoyer says:

Hi, I like your implementation of TheStrat for Ninja. I would like to be able to modify it myself. Would you be willing to sell the source code?

• Vicki Barbera says:

Hi! I’m liking it so far. Is there any way you could modify it to be IsSuspendedWhileInactive = false? I like to use tabs and a) would like to be alerted when I get a signal in an inactive tab and b) would like not to be bombarded with the old alerts when it open a tab that has been inactive for a while…

• pjsmith says:

Hi,
      I did make it true intentionally as I use tabs and want the signals still to be generated. I will try and add an option for this in the next update so you can set it as you prefer, though.