PJ Syslog, a free syslog server for windows
A few years ago I created a Syslog server for Windows, to fulfil some personal requirements. I needed something to log syslog data from multiple sources and relay on to another syslog server. A friend also wanted a way to monitor for certain alerts, thus, PJ Syslog 0.1 was born. I just had need to utilise this again and it’s been a couple years so I thought I’d update this and push it out to anyone that wants to use it, free for non-commercial use (though beer money is always gratefully received). Commercial arrangements and custom versions are available if you wish to re-distribute. No install. Just copy to a home folder on your PC and run. Config settings are in the config file. Requires the .net 4 runtime which you likely already have.
Screen shot of the current 0.3 version below
- Logs from multiple sources as standard
- Ability to relay syslog messages on to another host (like a home server or another workstation)
- Ability to filter view to specific host
- Ability to highlight log data and/or alert on messages with specific content (useful for watching busy log files)
- Ability to filter real-time view based on log message content
- Logs all messages to individual folders for each host based in a folder of your choice
- Can search log files and show historical messages containing your search text
- Is both payment and guilt free for personal use
Download the .zip file PJ Syslog Server. This contains the settings file and the single executable. That’s all you need.
2016.05.31 – Uploaded latest version 0.3. A few little bugs fixed from previous release.
PJ Syslog is free for non-commercial use but if you find it useful and wish to donate beer money, you can do so Via Bitcoin or PayPal. Any amount (no matter how small) will give you a warm fuzzy feeling and help me keep the power on. Be fair, just donate what you think is right. Thank you.
Bitcoin to 1PsQP6ECsevKRck4NPNJ3ZLnGaSJLxNyUT
PayPal to pjs DOT guernsey AT gmail DOT com
Commercial arrangements and custom versions are available if you wish to re-distribute or use for commercial purposes. Contact me. You can view my linked in here